30.8.12

boot sale bargains



Obviously the best thing about summer - apart from cider, festivals, barbeques, sun, holidays... ok, ONE of the best things - is the proliferation of car boot sales.

Derbyshire being full of fields means there's ample opportunity to don the wellies and get up at ridiculous-o'clock for some serious rummaging. And they're SO cheap. Maybe it's because I'm used to rising charity shop prices, but it still gives me giddy pleasure to pay 50p for something more than a bar of chocolate.

Last weekend was the turn of treetops hospice in risley. it was the largest boot i've been to in years - about 300 stalls - and some amazing bargains to be had.

 Sadly my camera is out of action until I find the lead so here's a sneak preview of the haul from my phone - this only slightly knocked about lakeland green Hornsea teapot. Must remember our kitchen has limited room for this kind of find.



No comments:

Post a Comment