7.1.10

snow days

as you may have noticed, we're currently snuggled under an icy blanket of frozen water. many, many people are complaining, sporting fractured limbs and smashed cars and chilly houses. i on the other hand am in seventh kidult heaven.

being as i am unemployed and penniless, the snow and its various associated funtimes instantly transport me back to being seven years old. freezing as i slip down the huge hill of my local park, or packing ice into monolithic structures vaguely resembling friends, or encountering mild frostbite lobbing lumps of solid freeze at my dad's head. as i've grown up and the epic snowfall of my youth has become more and more infrequent, any opportunity to enjoy it is welcomed with open arms.

so i spent yesterday, with the first serious deposit of the season, on the park, twatting my chin on passersby as they lingered stupidly at the foot of the hill. i've a hilarious but hideously sore bruise on my chin as a result. but i still kept it together in order to make a snowcat in my garden. with nowhere to go and no important appointments to keep, i hope it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. I love snowcat! Brits have been moaning about never getting a white christmas/winter for years, lets enjoy it while it lasts!

    http://emeraldgreen88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete